Monday, January 30, 2012

1st Experience in Second Life

Second life is an interesting world.  This is officially my first time using Second Life and sucessufully being able to load everything.  I had tried SL before on my home computer and since it's lacking RAM and a nice graphics card, all I had to see of SL was lag and a lot of white loading space! I'm glad tht the world runs smoothly here on the school computers.  The world itself is really nice looking. I like that we are able to customize our characters and even build objects. Here is my character;
I had fun creating my own character. I tried getting her to look close to myself but I'll need to put a little bit more work into it.  The columbia IAM island is very nice and I like how it shows the personality of our school.  Communicating with people in game is easy to do.  The coolest part is just being able to roam around the worlds freely with no specific purpose other than just exploring and having fun.  I think that this class is going to be great and I'm excited to learn more about character models and world design.

No comments:

Post a Comment