Monday, April 9, 2012

Final Project Proposal

For my final project I will create an arcade with a dance club.  I was inspired while re-watching Toy Story with my nephew a month or two ago. The arcade that they went to was also a pizza place that had a space theme.  I thought this would be cool to incorporate with my arcade.
 My plan for the arcade is to create a huge space ship.  There will be a staircase leading you up into the bottom of the ship.  There will be two levels: the arcade room/restaurant and the dance club.  The lower level will have a small pizza place to sit and eat.  I plan to have a prize booth as well. There will be one working game and possible an air hockey table. I hadn't figured out what game I would like to program and incorporate yet. I would like some of the games to replicate actual games such as a DDR machine would be awesome!

The second floor will have the dance hall. I would like a couple of lounge chairs around the center and maybe some music playing for people to dance to. It would be neat if I could create a dance action button so that avatars can dance along to the music if they'd like to. To bring avatars to the top level there will be a teleporter at the bottom level, also one to bring avatars to the bottom level. In the game room I would like to have some sounds going on and maybe some winning beeps. There may also be some nice flashy lights at the games. I feel confident in my project and can't wait to see it come together.

1 comment:

  1. Ok this sounds pretty cool. I would concentrate on doing the basic build and then finalizing the interactive elements later. In order for your project to really come together, you need to create a proper illusion of the space. Pay attention to how avatars will walk around within the interior of the space.

    ReplyDelete