Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Final Project Proposal

For my final project I am going finish building my house, I will use a little bit of everything we have learned so far in VWC. For example, I want to add a series of prims that you can either stand or sit on that will be scripted to lift you up to the house. I want to also add a flat screen T.V. that will have either a feed from the internet on it or just pictures that repeat themselves. I will make a few objects in Maya to transfer over as well. I plan on making the house much bigger, adding a garage with a door that will open when touched and light switches throughout the house that can be turned on and off. Also I would like to add windows that can be opened and closed by touch. There will be many more small details throughout the house as well, but the main focus will be to incorporate at least one scripted item, an item created in Maya as well as textures made from either Photoshop or Illustrator and different items made from at least a few different prims combined. I want it to be fully interactive, and not only that but I want it to be able to stand on its own with the amount of detail that I put into the house. I will also have the house greet you when you step in. Not everything that I will make interactive will stand out, even though I will have another blog up that will let you know what is interactive, I want people who go into the house to have to mess with stuff to try and figure out what is interactive. I believe that will add to experience of the house as a whole, making it much more fun to explore. The house isn't much to look at now but that will change. So far the lamps are the only items I have that are interactive, Whenever you touch them they will either turn on or off.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see a working list of the features. This sounds like a good project. It would be nice if there was a unifying theme beyond "dorm room" but I will accept it. Please have your scripting questions ready, as they sometimes take time to work out. Make sure there is some documentation for each feature, inlcuding a final working video uploaded to the blog or YouTube.

    ReplyDelete