Monday, April 2, 2012

VWBPE Conference Fun!

I attended two events at the VWBPE conferences on Thursday.  At first I didn't know what to expect, but when I arrived to the first event it was really awesome!  The first event was the dragon festival.  I had arrived a little late because when I first tried to join the area was too full and my computer speed slowed down to a crawl. So I decided to give it some time and I was late but when I arrived I was glad that I did.  It was grand! There weren't many people there since most probably collected their freebies and ventured elsewhere. There were a couple of huge dragons in the center when I arrived and other smaller dragon avatars gathered. Lots of people were engaged in conversation and I even joined in a few conversations. Mostly everyone was dressed up in interesting outfits and I felt a bit plain in what my avatar was wearing so I created a red dress and wore that. Looked festive enough!  

The second event I went to was about Minecraft. It's always been one of those games that I just couldn't really understand and wanted to learn a bit more about the game and what makes so many people want to play it.  So the event was set in a location that closely resembled the area of Minecraft .Lots of green grass and trees, also there were the famous Minecraft block characters scattered all over the area! This place was PACKED when I came and my computer could barely handle it. When the event finally started I was able to watch along since people had stopped moving so much. This event wasn't newbie friendly. They mostly discussed strategies and talked about the best way to create this and that, so eventually I ended up walking out a bit early. It was still fun and lots of people told funny jokes. I was even given a free T-shirt!  

All in all, VWBPE conference was really fun. I did wish that I had logged in from a school computer so that I didn't have to deal with the lag. I was opposite of what I had expected since I had a ton of great fun. Also, I didn't expect that many people to be at these events. I hope that in the future I can join into many more fun events like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment