Monday, February 13, 2012

Interface




At first glance Second life can be pretty overwhelming, there are a million different options to choose from. This is a place where you can quiet literally play god. Now I know you believe that with most sandbox games this is the case but in all actuality you can not do whatever you want to do. In second life you can build anything you want and with the proper knowledge of how to script you can make your objects do whatever you want them to do. For example, I made a broom the other day and if I wanted to, we'll not if I wanted to but if I knew how to, I could make the broom a vehicle that you could ride or fly. The options are limitless, from making a soda machine to a gun. Or in my case I built a super Broom that I was attempting to script to be able to ride it.
   
  As I started working on making my own objects and trying to script it was very tricky at first. Trying to figure out how to work with the X, Y, and Z axis' or better yet trying to figure out how to get the object to work on these axis was very tricky at first but I quickly learned. That's not all, there was the texture size color and shape of the object. Then you have to fit other shapes together to make whatever it is you want to make i.e. a gun or chair or.... well whatever. This is all a small part of it, there is also the scripting then you can name your object and even sell it. So like I said on the surface Second Life can look pretty but underneath it can be overwhelming. As long as you have the patience and proper knowledge second life can also be very fun, being able to become whomever you want and better yet do whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment