Monday, February 27, 2012

Avatar Creation


Creating your avatar can be extremely time consuming, but also pretty fun.  When you first start out in Second Life you are able to select premade models of people, animals and even robots.  I searched through the prebuilds until I found an avatar that looks somewhat similar to me to start out with.  When I look at now and from when I started out, I’ve made quite a few changes.  First of all, I changed some features of my face and even tried out a new hair color.  The coolest thing about Second Life is that the possibilities are endless!  I can, and have, spent hours shopping for clothing online and in different SL worlds.  I like searching around for free stuff because, well it’s free.  Although when I find something that I really want, I just add it to my wish list and debate on if I would like to buy this now or wait a little bit.  One thing I’ve been searching for is a good skin.  I’m wearing one now which is a demo.   

Demo skins are nice because you can try them on to see what they look like, but you really can’t wear them.  This skin in particular has the words Lulu’s Demo~ written all down the sides of my arms and around my neck and shoulders.  It’s okay for now so that I can just test out the skin.  I have found that a lot of free clothes actually look pretty great. The only problem is that once you go on a shopping spree your inventory is going to fill up with tons items that you bought.  Lots of items are variations such as different colors or lengths.  The amazing thing about being able to customize your avatar is that there are so many people out there that create these cool customizations for us to wear.  When I go shopping (or window browsing) I’m usually amazed at the skill that other users have at creating these objects!
Your avatar can even look just like Dexter!

No comments:

Post a Comment