Monday, February 27, 2012

Scripting


I heard a lot of bad things about Second Life from many different people. Not once I heard something about it outside of class. To me I think Second Life is cool and fun. The people who use it and don’t like it are most likely thinking of it as just a video game, but it so much more than that. I use Second Life as creative space and to learn a little bit about 3D modeling.  I have fun making things in world.  I think I’m really getting the hang of the build tools. The objects I make are liked by many people. I have not yet used the tools to change the land and stuff though but I will soon. The thing I’m really want to learn is how to script. I make some nice object but they can be better. Script objects are cool and fun to interact with. Right now, I’m using ScriptMe! to help me make easy and small scripts, but I want to do something more.  If I can learn how to make scripts for my objects, it would be an endless list of things I can do. I already have so many ideas for the objects I already made.  I also have some new idea I want to make that would be based on scripting. After learn scripting and the other building tool (that’s use for building island and things) I would like to make a big interactive place for the users. I already know a little bit about coding but not enough to do it on my own. So I think I’m going to do some research on scripting and play around with the building tools some more. I going YouTube it first so I can watch some videos on it and then go from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment