Monday, February 20, 2012

Prim Head

So this was the prim head assignment, I made a yellow cone head and put the shine up to 1.00, I then added glow. I made black pants and then a shirt with a texture that showed diamond patterns. But for some reason when presenting the shirt disappeared so I will have to either find it or make a new one so that everyone can see it I will then re-post a picture of the shirt. This was relatively easy to do, the only thing I had trouble with thus far was the shirt texturing. Trying to get it over to secondlife was a problem not because of what I was doing but because of my broken laptop at home. So the only thing that was a little challenging was the shirt. There are a few ways to put together a shirt with a texture or picture on it. One is to simply use a shirt from the game and import a texture from a place of your choosing i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator etc. for this you have to pay I believe 10 linden dollars. The other way is to design your own shirt from a template, which is a little bit tougher to do. When making mine I chose the easier way because unless I am at school it is difficult for me to get on to secondlife. The only computer I currently own is a piece of crap laptop which can barely run secondlife on the lowest settings, but I will have a brand new laptop by next week, so no more excuses for me. Anyways, back on to my costume, for the pants all I did was create new pants, pull and stretch them to a comfortable fit then slap some black coloring on them. The prim head was also easy, I simply built a prim, attached it to my skull, re-sized it then messed with the color and texture. All in all it was fairly simple except for when I was on my P.O.S. aka my laptop, at home.

1 comment:

  1. Great. Use the export function to create a list of clothing items

    ReplyDelete