Sunday, March 4, 2012

3 places

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Five%20Sisters/52/179/21

I visited a 1950's themed sim with a live DJ.  It was a little odd at first, to see all of the avatars dancing.  I joined in and the people there were friendly and nice.  The DJ is what really surprised me, she talked in between each song and took requests from anyone there.  I was expecting just song after song, I didn't expect so much interaction between everyone there.  It made the whole event seem less silly than it initially did, although my avatar wouldn't stop dancing after I left.




 http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Freebies/177/157/65

Freebies is basically what it sounds like, a place to get free things.  I think this is a pretty well known place, but it was new to me.  I say basically in the first sentence because it does have some not free things in it.  Rarely do things cost money; I only saw a few things that were L$10, everything else was free.  This place is really big, I doubt I saw everything there, but I did look around for quite some time.  I even found some free flexi-hair.  There are also these ATM looking things that direct you external sites where you can take surveys and earn Lindens.  I'm not sure how legitimate those are.




http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kalepa/169/251/61

Kalepa is a Greek/Roman inspired area.  It's made up of really steep mountains and a volcano.  This picture is from a telescope at the top of one of the mountains.  There wasn't much going on here, it's meant to look pretty and to walk around.  I explored for a while and ended up going inside of the volcano which had a shining treasure room.  People seem to gather at the beach and chat a little, I explored instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment