Thursday, March 15, 2012

So Far...

I haven't had the chance to really sink my teeth into Secondlife yet but as of Tuesday I received my Alienware M17 laptop, finally! So now I can explore the world as it was meant to be explored, on it's highest settings with no lag. With my old laptop I couldn't even log on, or I could but it was unplayable. Now I can freely explore the world and see all of the incredible things in Secondlife. I am very anxious to expand my knowledge of SL, to learn how to build better objects and manipulate prims, script and customize my avatar. I am also excited about our upcoming projects and have a few ideas but need to learn a little more about SL before I can bring my ideas to fruition, I know right, what a nice word. So now I have my incredible laptop that can run Secondlife on the highest setting with ease and it's like a whole new world that I am really want to explore. I'm going to start with finding something a little more fitting for my character, then I will start to create a nice little spot for my avatar to relax in. I have also been trying to get some of my friends and family who have never been to secondlife to start their own avatar. I have a friend who has wanted to open their own store to sell cloths and I told them about SL and how they can have there own store and sell cloths here. This weekend I am going to help them with there avatar creation but I still have a little more to learn before I can get there store going, but I do believe it will be a great way for me to learn with a "crash course" by learning from my mistakes, which is the best way for me to learn how to do something. So far I'm still a noob, but I hope to get past that ever too common turn of phrase by learning everything I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment