Monday, March 12, 2012

SL Experience!

Any experience with Second Life that I've had on my Mac, I found to be awkward and frustrating. Pardon the grammar. I found that every time I try to upload an image or sound, or even try to teleport, my SL Viewer crashes. And as I'm sure you can understand, that is frustrating. But beyond that, (whenever I use a regular computer) I find my SL experience quite pleasant. Customizing my character is relaxing, but I also find it quite dull from time to time, and Find myself having much more fun building. Whenever I log on, I try to look around and see what people built, and how they went about actually creating it. I've tried making myself a list of all the things I would like to build, but my list is always changing because I find that a lot of the things I want to create requires scripting, which is a process that causes me some anxiety. Granted, we have the website which helps us out immensely, but I always feel somewhat guilty when I use it. It feels like I'm cheating, and that I should learn the scripting language the good old fashioned way. And that scares me. So recently, I've been having a difficult time making bigger and more complex objects, though I do intend on using the website at some point in my near future. After all, my goal for the end of this class is to gain enough skills to be able to make a giant recreation of the Airship from Final Fantasy VII. Or a unicorn. That would be neat, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment