Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh The Place You'll Go... :]

I tried to make my Second life browsing experience as awesome as my real life browsing antics. In my findings I came across 2.5 pretty cool places. I say 2.5 because one of the 3 places I visited only lived up to half the expectations it's title suggested...and for the most random off topic things. Ok! Lets get to it. I figure I'd start from Coolest to Not So Cool :]

1.) Flickr Gettr






This place I found by going to the destinations and clicking on Art of course. It caught my eye because it had 3d in the title and Flickr. When I got there it kind of felt like I was standing inside the home screen for Safari that shows you your last visited sites but cooler because there were all these images of peoples recent searches just spinning around my head. i really like the fact that the gallery was interactive and required user input because it made my time there a lot more fun. Since I found that the search bar was functional I started using it to search random things just to see what pictures were being pulled from flickr, and to see if it was a real time search or just something that the pre scripted for certain purposes. To my surprise it was a real time search. OH Joy! The search I decided on was "dunks" like Nike Dunks and I came up with some awesome search results. This has to be my top destination.



2.)Nexgen Aviation








Now this place caught my eye because Ive always loved planes and it was an Aviation event. When I got there it was about 20 people or so there but I didnt see any planes to my disappointment and there were 5 people dancing on the dance floor and when I teleported to this location and when I got there they were kind of mean but I decided not to stay there and continue to wonder around. In my findings I ran into two things. Free Sushi and a garbage can. Weird right? The garbage can had trash floating around it and it was clickable. I decided to click it just to see what it would do and to my surprise it let me dumpster dive! This was rather nostalgic having played the Sims Urbs and dumpster diving be a pastime in the game and finding cool things in doing so.  I did find a couple of cool scripts as we as a few other things. this place turned ot to be pretty cool after all.

3) PNC Stores







 I had been hearing a lot of rumors that there was an Apple Store floating around in Second Life for sometime now so I decided to go on the hunt for it. I found numerous of YouTube videos on the store and it showed the store having a genius bar and being a replica of the actual store. Clicking on the links brought me to a place that didn't look like the Apple Store so I gave up. I really wanted to go to a gadget store so I kept looking. I came across a store called PNC stores that had 3 levels. fountains furniture and gadgets. I decided to stick to the gadgets level and I came across a couple of really cool gadgets that were rather expensive. The first was a teleporter that I'm guessing was supposed to be an elevator to go to each level.I tried it out, and the graphics were really awesome(see the first picture) but to my dispair it kept timing out and didn't go anywhere. The second was one of those giant screens like what we saw in the field trip last week that was set to youtube and was $1000L, it would have been awesome if it worked for a demo but it didnt. Bummer

Over all my experience exploring was pretty cool and I enjoyed myself. Yay.




No comments:

Post a Comment