Monday, March 12, 2012

Building





This week I spent some time building a floating room in our class space.  I made this dome shaped house with a satin hammock thing below it.  I made it out of twisted and cut prims.  I wasn’t too careful about the textures so they look pretty crazy, but I like the way they look.  That probably makes my house look like it was built by a noob so maybe I’ll change it later.  I started building a flower too. So far, it’s just a stick coming out of a flower pot.  This is the first time I’ve changed the texture of just one face of an object.  I made the top of the cylinder a dirt texture, and wouldn’t you know, Second Life has a ‘potting soil’ texture.  I got to making the actual flower and couldn’t come up with a good way to make it.  I’ll give it another try a little later.  
I also made myself a Television set.  I linked it up to a live feed of 200 penguins at Sea World.  I told one of my friends about this feature in Second Life and he signed up right after.  It is a really useful feature for fun, and for presentations or anything else in Second Life.  It was wise of the developers to try to integrate more with the web, maybe this trend will continue and make Second Life popular again.  I’m not sure what I’ll do next with the room.  I want to make sculpty objects, but for now prims are plenty.  I also might try to make a skin for my avatar.  I looked at a template and I think I understand enough to give it a try.  So, until we start working with maya, that will probably be the next thing I tackle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment