Sunday, March 18, 2012

VWBP and the Beatles




The Virtual Worlds Best Practices events were great! It was so different to be at speech or concert with an avatar and to see all the other avatars there as well. One of the speeches I went to that I really enjoyed was the EVE online. They brought you through the basics of EVE online and how it works. I actually enjoyed it so much I started an account so I could see more of the incredible MMO. The graphics were breathtaking and how complex the gameplay is at first takes you by surprise but just like Secondlife once you are walked through it is very fun and easy and fulfilling. To see all of your hard work and time actually amount to something. You can also make money on EVE by buying and selling game time which I found interesting. But by far the best venue I went to was the Beatles cover band that performed at the end of VWBP. I did stay to see the fireworks show but I think I might have been in the wrong place because the cover band just kept playing and I didn't see any fireworks. I really wanted to go to a few other venues but because of work and school I was very limited to the ones I could go to. My eyes have opened up to what is possible to not only Secondlife but all MMOs and virtual worlds and the possibilities they can bring to a class. I am really looking forward to next years VWBP and as far as that goes any upcoming events in Secondlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment